K-Strip Sheet Cavity fix is a cavity closer and a support member for the bottom edge of the sheet.
The K-Strip Sheet Cavity fix has a unique design that encompasses two products into one saving time and money.
The K Strip Sheet Cavity Fix is a Cavity Closer as well as a support member designed to take the weight of the sheet while it is being fixed in position. The K Strip provides a straight edge for the bottom edge of the sheets as well as providing a fixing point.
It can be used with Fibre cement sheets and Ply sheets.
The Labour saving along with providing an accurate bottom edge for the sheet makes the K Strip the best choice available when installing a sheet product.
It's ridged design provides long term support for the bottom edge of the sheet to reduce the risk of it being broken when hit or knocked.
PRODUCT CODE: EB100
- Simply fix it to the bottom plate after the building wrap has been installed using 40x2.5mm hot dip galv clouts @ 400mmcrs
- Allow for the cladding to lap 50mm over the concrete slab or floor structure as per E2 External Moisture or as specified
- Fit the cavity battens as specified. Check out the back of the batten over the K Strip to ensure a flat surface
- Ensure the bottom edge of the sheet is painted/sealed as per manufactures specifications
- Then apply a continuous 5mm bead of sealant/adhesive to the bottom corner and a bead near the top of the support face that the sheet fits against. Ezy Build Products recommends using Bostik Seal n Flex 1
- Lift the sheet into place and fix off as per manufacture's specifications. The sheet can be fixed to the K Strip @ 400mmcrs with 20mm s/s countersunk screws
- Remove excess sealant from the bottom edge
- Move on to the next sheet
TIP: For best results EzyBuild recommends Bostik MS Safe Seal for
K-strip gluing and sealing.