The K-Strip Weatherboard Cavity fix is a cavity closer and a cant strip in one product.
K-Strips provide the cleanest look available for a cavity closer as well as being the easiest way to fit the bottom weatherboard. It will save time and money don't settle for less.
It closes the cavity from vermin but still allowing ventilation while also providing support for the bottom weatherboard doing away with the time consuming task of installing a cant strip or wedge's to the weatherboard.
The bottom edge on the K Strip provides a starting point for the bottom weatherboard doing away with the need to use a string line to get the bottom weatherboard straight.
It is the only Cavity closer that can be used to fix the bottom weatherboard to the building. With all these benefits the labour saving is substantial.
PRODUCT CODE: EB120
- Simply fix the K-Strip to the bottom plate after the building wrap has been installed using 40x2.5mm hot dip galv clouts @ 400mmcrs
- Allow the cladding to lap 50mm over the concrete slab or floor structure as per E2 External Moisture or as specified
- Fit the cavity battens as specified
- Ensure the bottom edge of the weatherboard is painted/sealed as per manufactures specifications
- Then apply a continuous 5mm bead of sealant/adhesive to the bottom corner and a bead near the top of the support face that the weatherboard fits against. Ezy Build Products recommends using Bostik MS Safe Seal.
- Fix the first weatherboard in place
- Remove excess sealant from the bottom edge
- From here the Fast Clad Hand Bracket can be used to accurately install the remainder of the weatherboards up the wall
TIP: For best results EzyBuild recommends Bostik MS Safe Seal for
K-strip gluing & Sealing.